Duquette Run Is Over

FSUBobcat7

Think it's safe to say the DD Era has run it's course. This guy gave into pressures of players and management - signed CDwhich is a joke. Then they give up 14 for Gallardo who can't break 85 mph. None of their young pitchers we have seen so far in this Boston series are even half decent. WTH is going on with our Minor League system/Instructors?

I don't care about the O's having best record in American League over last few years. This roster is a joke. Totally feel sorry for Buck. If I were him I wouldn't even come back in 2017.

Blow it up after this year get a new manager and general manager and try and get some draft picks back.

Time to start from scratch.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First thing I would do is offer three of the Blue Jays asst gms, promotions to come here and become executive assistant gms. We were headed in the right direction until Dan was courted.

I would also check the Red Sox or Cub organizations for potential replacements. Teams that know how to acquire and develop talent.

Losing Arrieta and Ed Rodriguez are the really costly mistakes that's hard to overcome.

Signing Gallardo (+ losing the pick), signing Jiminez, Fowler debacle, Seong-min Kim debacle, overpaying for Davis--these things just makes me shake my head.

Yes, i wouldn't mind giving Brady a chance. But please keep Cal away.

Think it's safe to say the DD Era has run it's course. This guy gave into pressures of players and management - signed CDwhich is a joke. Then they give up 14 for Gallardo who can't break 85 mph. None of their young pitchers we have seen so far in this Boston series are even half decent. WTH is going on with our Minor League system/Instructors?

I don't care about the O's having best record in American League over last few years. This roster is a joke. Totally feel sorry for Buck. If I were him I wouldn't even come back in 2017.

Blow it up after this year get a new manager and general manager and try and get some draft picks back.

I can't imagine how much of a joke you think the rest of the AL is then.

Sadly the quickest path forward is to trade Manny right now, but I certainly wouldn't trust DD and our

scouting staff to pull off a good trade

So trading a top 3 player in MLB at age 23 is your strategy? Btw, what would the scouts do? lol. There's at least 20 teams in baseball that would trade their entire farm system for him if they could have him through age 33.

I'm typically a positive person who will normally only post here at OH in a positive light. However, this may be the single most ignorant post I have ever read, that I am not personally responsible for.

My, my. How quickly some have forgotten 1998-2011. I'm not saying DD is the only reason this team has been winning these past few years but he's played a big part.

Short memories around here.

Buck is a much larger part to our success but DD is not as bad as this thread makes out.

When Tony LaCava turned down the job he turned it down because PA said he couldn't fire Buck. Meaning, Buck is really running the show and ultimately is the one in PA's good graces.

So good luck finding a GM cool with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived